Commoning Engine

We have an ongoing dispute here in the house about a garden that actually belongs equally to all the people in the house, but to which one family has special claims for particularly historical reasons and is trying to enforce them. Why doesn’t matter, but a process is being initiated to clarify the use of the garden. What has become clear to me is, of course, that after such a clarification, a notice is needed stating which rules of use, etc. have been agreed upon, how long they may last, between whom they were agreed upon, and who is the contact person if they are to be changed or if there are violations of the rules. But such a notice of course becomes outdated and ideally there is a source for this notice that can be retrieved at any time. So, I’d best enter the address of the house somewhere and if I have the appropriate rights, I can see what agreements were made by the house community. And this database would be the exact same thing that we need in the software infrastructure and is put on the means to get agreements on their use transparent.

I therefore see an “agreement databank” as a separate building block in our software infrastructure. I don’t know of any such (open) databases , but there will be several of them, which again have to be made processable via an “adapter/extractor” and directly related to the extractor/adapter of the means-database.

Added an “agreement database” and an “agreement adapter/extractor”.